Car insurance blends several types of coverage into one policy. Typically, your car insurance policy will include some combination of comprehensive, collision, medical, liability and underinsured motorist coverage.
Car Insurance Needs
Every person is unique - it depends on your specific situation. To determine your car insurance needs, consider:
- LIABILITY pays for the damage you cause to others if your car is involved in a car accident. It also protects you from being wiped out financially if you are sued following a car accident. The greater your assets, the more you stand to lose. If you have substantial financial resources, you may need liability coverage that exceeds the coverage that you'll get from a car insurance policy. In that case, personal umbrella insurance can provide the extra liability protection you need.
- COLLISION covers damage to your car from a car accident. PLC’s auto insurance agents can help you decide whether or not to carry collision coverage by balancing the cost of collision insurance with the value of your car. It might not be worth paying $200 a year for collision insurance on a car that's worth only $1,000. But if the car is worth $10,000, you probably want this coverage.
- COMPREHENSIVE coverage pays for your car if it is stolen, vandalized or damaged in some way other than a collision.
- MEDICAL coverage provides for medical expenses to you and your passengers that are the result of an accident. The way you use your car may make a difference in the amount of medical coverage you need. For example, we might suggest more coverage for a parent who regularly takes a carload of kids to soccer practice than for a driver who expects to drive mostly alone.
- UNDERINSURED MOTORIST coverage provides protection from financial loss if you’re in an accident with someone who is underinsured or uninsured. If their insurance does not cover all your damages incurred, your Underinsured Motorist coverage will kick in.
Keep in mind that different states require different minimum levels of coverage. Contact PLC Insurance today to get the best car insurance quote for your individual needs – our insurance agents will help you figure out what limits and types of insurance are needed for your situation. Our Lynnwood insurance agents can get you car insurance quotes in Washington State, as well as the rest of the U.S.
We know how to find discounts on car insurance you may not find on your own. Give us a call, or start an auto insurance quote online with PLC Insurance today.
© 2016, PLC Insurance. The reader assumes all responsibilities for his/her own actions in regards to any items discussed in this report. Adherence to all applicable laws and regulations, federal, state and local, governing the use of any product or service described in this report in the US or any other jurisdiction is the sole responsibility of the reader. The publisher and author assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of the reader of these materials. The reader is encouraged to consult directly with his/her insurance professional.