In today’s busy world, you have a lot on your mind… and insurance is rarely one of them – it’s something that you probably don’t want to have to think about until you need it. But do you have the proper insurance in place if something happens? Here are some important things to think about, and talk about with your insurance agent.
Does your home insurance cover you if…
- Your dog bites and injures a guest.
- You post a comment on Facebook about someone, and they sue you for slander.
- The storm drain outside your house backs up and floods your basement, damaging the carpet, and sheetrock.
- Your daughter has a friend over that steals your grandmother’s antique jewelry.
- A tree in your neighbor’s backyard falls in a storm and crashes through your roof.
- You're mowing your lawn and a rock flies out, breaking your neighbor's window.
- Someone hurts themselves on the trampoline in your backyard.
- Someone breaks into your car and steals your laptop.
- Backing into your garage, you hit the gas instead of braking, damaging the home.
- You have converted your shed into your home office. A storm blows through, damages the building and breaks the windows.
- The rotten board in the stairs that you’ve been meaning to fix gave out… while someone was on them. They’ve gone to the hospital with a broken ankle.
Does your business insurance cover you if…
- Children have severe allergic reactions after eating cookies you manufacture. You forgot to list whey in the ingredients.
- Your employee is in a car accident while driving a client. Both employee & client are hurt.
- Your business is damaged in a fire, and you can’t re-open your business for three months. Between lost profits and continuing business expenses you lose $150,000.
- Your largest donors sue the board of directors for mishandling their donations.
- Your employee leaves a clothing steamer on and it burns down the building you lease.
- For months your employees complained about feeling unsafe due to burned out parking lot lights. One night, an employee is robbed and severely beaten on the way to his car.
- Shortly after they quit, you discover that your accountant has been writing company checks to herself and family members for the past fifteen years.
- A delivery person slips on your icy driveway while delivering office supplies to you for your home office.
- An entire shipment of evening dresses you have designed and manufactured is destroyed by a warehouse flood.
- Your organization throws a wine tasting fundraiser using employees and volunteers as bartenders. The wine is free, and the guests become inebriated. On the way home, one of the guests gets into a car accident and injures a family.
- After months of negotiations, you sign a contract for a shipment of $10,000 of parts. Your building burns down, and operations stop for a few months. Your distributor can’t afford to delay payment, so sues you for breach of contract.
- You fire an employee who sues you for wrongful termination.
Are you protected? There should never be a question about whether you have coverage when there is a crisis.
Contact PLC Insurance today to make sure you have the right insurance protecting you if the worst happens.
© 2018, PLC Insurance. The reader assumes all responsibilities for his/her own actions in regards to any items discussed in this report. Adherence to all applicable laws and regulations, federal, state and local, governing the use of any product or service described in this report in the US or any other jurisdiction is the sole responsibility of the reader. The publisher and author assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of the reader of these materials. The reader is encouraged to consult directly with his/her insurance professional.